This light and refreshing pure white tea includes just pure large-leaf White Peony tea leaves and absolutely nothing else. A delectable white tea with a clean, pure, delicate flavour and honeyed finish.
Our premium, large-leaf white peony tea leaves are sourced specially from the famous tea-growing mountains in Fujian, China where they are picked by hand and naturally dried for amazing natural flavour.
White tea is the purest, rarest type of tea and created from the sweetest, specialist tea plant cultivars and there is virtually no processing at all applied to the leaves, just a little bit of heat to remove the moisture.
The result is this clear and delicate infusion with full and dry flavour but a light, refreshing and honeyed finish and an almost clear, fragrant liquor with a touch of gold.
White Peony is also included in the following signature gift collections:
Place one dessertspoon per cup into an infuser, filter or teapot. Switch the kettle off, before it boils, when you hear the water rumbling. Add the hot, but not boiling, water and infuse for 3 minutes.
May contain traces of nuts
Our small sample size caddy is the perfect way to try a new tea.
Contains tea for approximately 10 cups of White Tea.
The refill carton, available in Standard and Large, is a perfect, environmentally friendly way to replenish your Tea Palace Caddies. Contains enough tea for approximately 50 cups (Standard) or 80 cups (Large) of White Tea.
**Please note this container is not airtight and therefore once opened tea should be transferred to an airtight caddy or storage jar.
Our bespoke purple damask caddy is the perfect way to keep your tea fresh.
Contains tea for approximately 50 cups of White Tea.
Our Large bespoke purple damask caddy is the perfect way to keep your favourite tea fresh.
Contains enough tea for approximately 80 cups of White Tea.
- Leaving tea leaves so close to their natural state means that white tea contains more polyphenols than any other type of tea. It is these powerful antioxidants that are responsible for killing cancer-causing cells.
- White tea has been proven to provide protection within the body for the skin and skin cells. It protects the cells from sun damage and possibly prevents skin cancer thanks to the protective measure it takes once inside the body. (tea.topicgiant.com)
- According to studies performed at the Linus Pauling Institute of Oregon State University, white tea appears to have more potent anti-cancer qualities than green tea
- a 2004 study at Pace University concluded that white tea can help your body's immune system fight off viruses and dangerous infection-causing bacteria.
- The same study concluded that fluoride-rich white tea helps prevent the growth of dental plaque, the chief cause of tooth decay.
- Growing evidence suggests that antioxidants found in white and green tea have the ability to not only minimize signed of ageing, but also to prevent their appearance. (origins.co.uk)